Thursday, December 23, 2010

Away in a Manager



Away in a Manager



The little wooly sheep in this nativity scene belonged to my husband's great grandfather. Joseph and Mary and the baby Jesus belonged to his grandmother.  One year we made the little A frame and other animals wandered into the collection.  I remember little hands that use to often rearrange the crowd of adoring animals.  I enjoyed unwrapping these but  wondered where I could place them.  I decided if they were on the wooden tray I could scoop them all up at once when room is needed for a guest.  Tonight they were like another plate on the table...and for me it was a  feast for eye and heart.

5 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

How delicious to have a nativity with such family history.

Merry Christmas.

Fondly,
Glenda

Sarah Beth said...

I love this Nativity Scene. I think I may have been the owner of some of those little hands..

Haddock said...

such a simple one.
I can imagine how many times the little woolly sheep has entertained kids.

Abounding Treasures said...

All the very best in the coming New Year!!

Christy Childers said...

love the tolkien quote on the right! i just started reading "the fellowship of the ring"...