Friday, February 18, 2011

After the Rain



I ventured out in a break from the heavy rains and winds we had today.


The water from the hills above us gets channeled down this stone lined gully that opens wider as it drops toward the sea. 











Near sunset the clouds parted briefly then rumbled together in greater darkness.


                            Capturing colors in rain or shine...a large abalone shell 



          
 The low today was only 41 degrees...nothing to winter toughies...but I suppose it is all what you are use to...and when the trees are dripping on me and the wind blows...


it is cold enough to send me back inside, and my little cat too.

5 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Jeannette, Thanks for sharing these stunning photos.

Fondly,
Glenda

ps.Love your visits to my blog.

GretchenJoanna said...

We both went outside and had our weather moments, and came back and wrote about it!

Unknown said...

Hi Jeannette! Your pictures are just gorgeous! I would love to find a spot like it :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hi Jeannette ~ It is moi again. Check out my blog on Wednesday. I am sending a blog award your way.

Fondly,
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Kitty cat has the right idea :-)

Take care and have a nice week :-)

~Ron
*******