Friday, February 3, 2012

Encouraged to Communicate...

I recently shared on my Write Purpose Blog an article by Ralph McInerny called The Writing Life that I had unearthed sorting through old publications....and then I found this poem of his too:

Effable

1 
Where are words when not yet spoken: on the tongue, in the mind, perhaps in air, nowhere? Their meanings, more elusive still, unbreathed await articulation, though I have heard in the beginning was the word.
2
Mutes and dentals shape the air that tongue addresses to the ear: speech is the mystery we hear. Animals are dumb,
their braying, chirp, and bark a mere semblance of speech, lacking that shared spark when speaker and hearer commune like hands that meet at noon.

Archived in December 2008 First Things

                                                 I am encouraged to communicate....




2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, yes, that's what we humans do.

John said...

Nice to see you back.