Sunday, March 25, 2012

When the Clouds Blow Away





I don't have a formal rain gauge, but yesterday's welcome rainfall  is measurable in every  saucer under every potted plant and  open watering can.  On the deck, I found the shells and stones I had just set in an old fish bowl the day before submerged like beans soaking for a pot of  soup.    The muted colors of the storm were lovely shades of gray, lavender and smokey hues.  When the sun comes out the rightness of sky as blue is made clear all and once again.

3 comments:

John said...

I remain envious of your view of the ocean, and appreciative of your other views.

Martha said...

Beautiful...we had rain on Friday and afterward, the sun came out AND we had a full rainbow. My girls were excited because you could really see purple, even!

GretchenJoanna said...

When we returned from our trip our swimming pool was a sort of rain gauge letting us know that there was *a quantity* of precipitation. :-) Thank God for the rain....