Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bright Spots in between Windy Gray Days

                      Afternoon light on the water...shining through the trees
                                             bouncing off the stone wall

 and lighting up these bright yellow flowers.  I took their picture, these bold blooms and decided it was time I learned their name....searching by description I learned that it is    Mahonia aquifolium,  a kind of evergreen Oregon Grape with holly like leaves.

                                                   
The best bright spot in this picture is somewhat hidden in tree fronds... tending to some needy plants in one of the rooms of the greenhouse.

3 comments:

charity said...

Beautiful photos!
That greenhouse looks like a magical place.
I have a flower friend I've been meaning to look up too. :)

Leslie said...

Lots of lovely shades of yellow. I love the greenhouse and path. It's practically perfect in every way.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Bright spots, indeed. You live in such a lovely area, Jeanette.