Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seen with my eyes...

I walked the hills and saw, through three taut lines like stave for music missing the full range of notes, the green bowl of a quiet cove. The sun bounced on the cliffs and beyond the cove wind was everything. Limbs fell at our house this morning without damage to other than themselves, but just south of us, power was down and out all day. Noisy is the wind. I imagined, had I my camera, where I would perch, how high could I reach to capture the beauty and shop those lines out of my view. How much would I have to crop? My neighbors are missing their power after only a few hours, and I'm trying to understand how anyone could string those lines across that view.

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

Beautiful. Without your camera, I can see, because of your words.