Saturday, July 4, 2009

It is Our Nation's Holiday




and so we hung the lovely flag to greet travelers passing by. Around 9:50 am some one swung into the drive screaming and sped off with the flag.


I hadn't meant to post today...moving as I have been from one needed chore to the next...and getting ready to visit some out of town friends doing a rodeo, but I decided to stop and hang the flag on my blog and wish you a Happy Independence Day.



I guess we need a very tall flag pole to fly the colors. Keeping up with the news has been a tall order lately...the promises of transparency and simplification and equity and ...well...


I guess once you steal a flag you can't ever fly it proudly...or if you do, it doesn't mean the same thing anymore, does it?





1 comment:

Neal said...

I wonder what motivates people to do things like this. Sad commentary, to say the least...