Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mushrooms, Books and a Backward Look. I'm on a Roll...

I took a little time this morning to scroll back though this web journal of mine.  I started it exactly thirteen (13) months ago on January 10, 2009.  On a near daily basis I have to reject automated comments with  strange advertisement  for products I would never discuss here, and occassionally get nice comments from friendly folk that actually read my blog, but I can only actually sit down to create post in those rare moments of confluence when both inner and outer contraints allow.  And of course, given all the things there are to do in the world, in a life, in a day, sometimes quite a few days pass without me writing or posting photos here even when I have scrawled away in my handwritten journal...well, you don't want to read that.  I'm a believer in making things fit for human consumption, so to speak.

But perusing  my archives this morning I find that I'm glad that I have stopped to leave this little trail of some of the places where my feet, mind and heart have trod.  So I will carry on...randomly spilling out on odd subjects.  This week I have been photographing the various mushrooms springing up all over the land outside my door. Want to see a picture?  I'm fairly certain that I have properly identified several  accurately, but I still won't be eating any of them.

Western Amethyst Laccaria ?

What else have I been up to...working of course...walking in between rain showers.  I did post  recently over in my write purpose journal.  I've been hand quilting a few nights a week.  I  have identified some fabrics to make some additional cloth bags, to remember to take to the grocery store.  I remembered three times to soak beans the night before I want to cook them  since I decided to eschew canned beans to avoid BPA.                                                                                                                                                               
I've been enjoying the hummingbirds in the flowers outside my window, the Pride of Madeira and Wild California Lilac. I planted some heirloom tomato seeds in little pots in the greenhouse even though I said last season that I should give up growing tomatoes on the coast. 
 I finished reading If You Want to Write A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit written and first published in 1938 by author and teacher Brenda Ueland (1891-1985) and wrote a little about it here.
 

 



That little label on the tea bag...it reads:"The whole life of man is but a point in time; let us enjoy it." Plutarch 46 AD -120 AD